Equipment & Musical Instrument
The Expertainers in Insurance
Whether you work in Film & TV, sound & lighting or are a musician, DJ or cameraman, this comprehensive Equipment and Musical Instrument insurance policy has been designed to help protect against damage and theft to your equipment whilst in storage, use or in transit.
The range of solutions including music, film and photography equipment insurance cover is also easy and convenient to buy online in minutes, with six coverage options to choose from below depending on your requirements. Equipment and musical instrument insurance can be suitable if you’re looking for:
- Musical Instruments Insurance
- Photography Equipment Insurance
- TV & Film Equipment Insurance
- Film Sets Insurance
- PA Gear
- Sound & Lighting
- DJ Equipment
- Audio Visual Equipment Insurance
- Props & Sets
- Production Equipment Insurance
- Video Production Insurance
- Plus all other equipment associated with the Entertainment Industry
*Note that cover can extend to laptops, tablets and mobile phones as long as they represent less than 30% of the total sum insured. If this is not the case, please contact us to discuss alternative options.
- Accidental loss or damage including theft
- Worldwide Cover (Includes in transit)
- Emergency Hire Cost – Up to 25% of your sum insured can be used for emergency hire costs, or a maximum of 30 days hire, whichever is the lesser.
- Hired/Borrowed equipment cover – Cover for when you hire gear up to a maximum of 10% of the policy sum insured
- Low standard excess of $250 any one claim
- Excess of $500 for each & every occurrence in respect to Laptops, Computers, Tablets and Mobile Phones
- Plus much more.
*Cover is subject to conditions and exclusions. Refer to our Policy Wording and PDS for more information.
Duty of Disclosure and Utmost Good Faith
Before you enter into an insurance contract, you have a duty to tell the insurer anything you know, or could reasonably be expected to know, may affect the insurer’s decision to insure you and on what terms. You have this duty until the insurer agrees to insure you. Every insurance contract is also subject to the doctrine of utmost good faith. More information is available in the “Other Important Information” section of our Financial Services Guide document.
Apply For Cover
Equipment & Musical Instrument Cover
Starting from $220
For 1 year
Information on Your Policy
This Policy is designed to cover equipment being used for commercial purposes. Within the context of this Policy, Commercial Purpose use is defined as the following:
- Paid or unpaid work and/or performance
- Tuition, practice, rehearsals, recording
Typically the people requiring this type of policy are:
- Students using the equipment to improve their craft
- Semi-professional & professional individuals using the equipment for the above defined use
- Companies and organisations using the equipment for the above defined use
This Policy is not designed to cover equipment being used solely for personal use. If this type of cover is required please read our Home & Contents policy.